As I was editing my monthly order of essential oils, I started thinking about what oils I use regularly and would miss if I did not have in my life. So, here is my list of oils that I feel I could not live without:
- Eucalyptus oil: I love the smell of this. It is not an oil that I use everyday but it is one that I love when needed. I use it for many things. I rub it on sore, tired muscles (I dilute it with fractionated coconut oil). I also have used it in the shower when I have had congestion. I also have put it on the bottom of my feet before bed when sick with a cold.
- Frankincense oil: I do not use this everyday mainly because it is expensive. I have used it on my face to help with wrinkles. I have used it to help with scarring. I have used it in my diffuser mixed with other oils for different reasons. I have used it when I feel mental fatigue or when feeling depressed. This oil is so versatile and I absolutely love it!
- Grapefruit oil: This is an oil that I diffuse many times a week first thing in the morning. I mix this oil with other invigorating oils to promote a sense of alertness. My main reason for diffusing this oil is that it helps me wake up but I have found it helps curb my hunger some too.
- Lavender oil: This is one that I use on a daily basis and could not go a day without it! I usually diffuse it but some days I just use a roller ball on my wrists or feet. I love the smell and love how it promotes a sense of relaxations.
- Lemon oil: I love this oil and use it many times a week. Lemon oil can be used in cleaning products. I also diffuse it to help purify the air and uplift my mood.
- Lime oil: The company I am an advocate for gave this too me for free last month and I love it. I use this as a mood lifter.
- Marjoram oil: I use this one occasionally for tension. I usually make a blend in my diffuser when I am stressed out or having an anxiety attack.
- Peppermint oil: This is an oil that I often use many times a week. I usually just rub it between my hands and cup my hands around my face then breathe it in. I do this when I need an afternoon pick me up.
- Roman Chamomile oil: I use this oil about once a week. I use it blended with other oils in the diffuser to promote calming of my mind and body.
There are some oils that I use regularly that are particular to the company I am an advocate for and if you are interested in learning more about those, let me know. When going through my oils I was not expecting to have such a long list of oils that I use often but I now realize that I have such a routine of essential oils and would be lost without them. If you are interested in samples or learning more about how to purchase them at wholesale prices, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today is Sunday meaning it is time for me to plan my weekly goals but it is also the first of the month tomorrow and that means I need to set my monthly goals. Here it goes:
Goals this week:
- Mail out 3 more essential oil samples (Let me know if you would like a free sample)
- Plan a Make and Take class
- Walk each day
- Eat healthy each day
- Be more patient with my cranky, hormonal 13 year old daughter
- Wake up each day and reflect on positive things before starting the day
Goals this month:
- Gain 3 more essential oil team members
- Teach at least 1 class
- Get my neck brace off
- Go back to work
- Start building my strength back up while following surgeons orders
- Share my love for essential oils at least twice a week.
- Lose 5 pounds
Excited to start the new week and even more excited for the new month. Next month at this time I will be out of my neckbrace and hopefully returning to all normal activities!
Do you enjoy using essential oils? Do you enjoy learning everything about essential oils? Would you like to be able to purchase oils at wholesale prices? How about earning free products and a commission each month? If this sounds like something you would like then joining my team is for you! As you may have learned from my past blogs, I have made a goal for myself that involves sharing my love for essential oils to others. I have also decided that the month of February will be my month to grow my customer base and team size. If you are interested email me at email@example.com or comment and I will contact you.
I am pretty darn proud of myself for my determination this week. I made goals and have stuck with them so far. What is that drink I have pictured? (I am just assuming that is what you are asking). That my friends is the new shake mixes that arrived in the mail. I mixed them with almond milk, peanut butter and a banana. Super yummy. This was my first time trying the diet shake mixes from the essential oil company I am an advocate for and I was pleasantly surprised. I am sure you are wondering how this plays into my determination for this week. Well I will explain. I made goals for this week and a big focus of those goals was to make healthier choices. It is Friday and I have stayed strong so far. I have been walking more, although I am still limited due to still recovering from spinal surgery. I had someone drive me to the grocery store and stocked up the kitchen with healthy food. I even weighed myself this week and was shocked when it showed I lost weight since my surgery 2 months ago! Granted most of it is probably muscle loss. I thought I had gained at least 15 pounds but am relieved that I haven’t. I plan to continue this willpower and determination through the weekend. As for the other goals I had set, I will update you on those in my next post. What are your goals for the weekend? Did you accomplish your goals this week?
*if you are interested in purchasing this shake mix at wholesale prices you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. I also have essential oils samples still available for anyone interested in trying the oils first.
There has been so much controversy regarding MLM essential oil companies and safe usage. I will state that I am an advocate for one of those essential oil companies! At one time I thought companies like this were a scam but then a friend introduced me to the oils and the company. I fell in love! I love that I not only get to share my love of these oils but I can earn free products and commission. I have one major rule that I follow and that is to make sure everyone I hand samples to or that purchases from me, knows how to use these oils safely. I honestly believe that anyone selling or sharing essential oils need to do this. People have a tendency to think because it is all natural that it can not be dangerous. This is completely false! Several plants make up one drop of essential oils!
Here are some tips to follow:
- If you have an allergy to a plant there is a good chance you will be allergic to the oil!
- Fragrance oil and essential oil are not the same thing. Plus, it is important to read the bottles of essential oil to make sure there is no synthetic ingredients.
- Conduct a patch test. combine essential oil with a carrier oil and place a little on a small patch of skin. If you start having itching, burning or any other signs of reaction do not continue using that oil. This is for oils that you have never used before or if you purchase a brand you are not normally used to.
- Test the oils quality. You can do this by placing a single drop on a piece of paper and it should evaporate within an hour with no ring left behind. There are some oils this will not work for, such as Myrrh, Patchouli, Jasmine, rose, and vanilla.
- Research new oils. I personally, recommend a person research all new oils before using them. Purchase books that you can use for reference anytime a question arises. I have three essential oil reference books that I use often. If you are interested in the books I recommend feel free to ask or email me at email@example.com.
- Avoid certain oils if pregnant! Some oils can cause bleeding and miscarriage. There are many oils that are safe to use but it is very important to research each oil to make sure it is not one dangerous for pregnant women.
- Keep essential oils out of reach of children! It is important to treat essential oils as you would medication. Would you leave a bottle of pills laying out where your child could get into them? Just because it is natural does not mean it has no potential for harm.
- Use half strength with children under 12 and elderly
- Dilute with a carrier oil. There are some oils that say can be applied neatly, meaning with no carrier oil. It is up to you if you want to take that risk. I personally believe diluting is safer and less chance to have a painful mishap.
Essential oils can be use aromatically, topically, and internally. Research each oil that is new to you in order to find out how to use it. Not all oils can be used aromatically. Some oils are considered hot oils and will burn your skin if not diluted. Now for the highly controversial issue of taking essential oils internally. The company I am an advocate for has it stated on each bottle which route it can be used and if it is safe to use internally. I personally am not a huge one to use essential oils internally but if you do I would advise putting the oils in a veggie capsule or diluting the oil first.
I hope I have not scared you away because essential oils really are amazing. I was actually a skeptic and now I use them daily! I wrote this post because I feel it is important to make sure people use essential oils safely. When you take an over the counter medication you read the directions first, right? Same should go for essential oils. Essential oils have changed my life and can be used for many things. When I first started hearing about essential oils, I did not realize they can be used to make cleaning supplies or beauty products. I have started replacing all the chemicals in my house with all natural products! If you are interested in learning more about the wonderful essential oil company that I am an advocate for, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember if you become an advocate you can purchase the products at wholesale cost and earn free products.
Sitting here reflecting on my success and failures this last week. I failed on the eating healthy. I tend to use food as comfort although that is just another excuse. I need to take responsibility for my actions. I did well on my walking and progressing more in my recovery. I also did well on my goal of sharing my essential oils with others. So, even though I failed at one goal I did not completely fail and guess what…..A new week with a chance to do better. Here are the goals for this week:
- Wake up each day and make a list of things I am grateful for
- Mail out samples of oils (if you would like to try essential oils email me at email@example.com and I will mail you some)
- Share my love for essential oils each day
- Register for the weight loss challenge that my essential oil company is having (if you are interested in this please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Walk everyday
- No fast food or sweets this week
Excited to start this week with a fresh, clean slate! What are your goals this week? Did you achieve everything you wanted to last week?
About three months ago, I attended an essential oil class that a friend of mine was hosting. I went there telling myself that essential oils are not worth the money and that I was attending just to have fun. I have to say that until that day I never really knew what essential oils were. After, learning about all of them and asking questions, I really started thinking about starting to use them. I thought to myself, what problems/issues do I have that essential oils would be beneficial to me and here was my list:
- Chronic pain
- Daughter with ADHD
- Low immune system
I decided right then that I would give it a whirl. I decided if I was going to do it that I would purchase the enrollment kit. I figured if I was going to do this I would become an advocate because I would then receive products at wholesale price. I never intended to use them as much as I do or that I would decide to actually start sharing my love of essential oils. Not long after enrolling, I underwent major spinal surgery and have been off work recovering since. Recovering from surgery has allowed me to research and learn how to safely use essential oils. I have become obsessed with them. I started sharing my excitement with essential oils with family, friends, and even strangers. I was shocked to realize that you really can earn free products and make money being an essential oil advocate! I now spend free time researching oils, making things with my oils, and sharing my oils with others. If you would like to learn more about essential oils, try a free sample, or join my team you can email me at email@example.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to prevent, diagnose, or cure any disease.