This week has been made up of some success and some failure. I have failed at eating as healthy as I had planned. It is no ones fault but my own. I tend to be an emotional eater and this week has been an emotional roller coaster. I have been going between depression and panic attacks due to the pain from my surgery. For some reason when I am depressed I give up on taking care of myself. For example, instead of eating an orange I ate a bowl of ice cream.
I miss the days I was able to run because I could treat myself to an ice cream and not hate myself after. I am hoping by spring I will be well enough to start running again. When I was running races I felt so good about myself. Not saying I don’t feel good about myself now but I miss the feeling I had after running my first half marathon. I am looking forward to the day I can feel that way again.
I also have not walked as much as I should have this week. I have to rely on someone to drive me somewhere to walk because of all the ice in my neighborhood. But honestly I blame myself because I could have just walked in place or up and down the hallway. Another failure with my weekly goals but on the positive side, I did walk today and if I continue the rest of the week, it will not be a total failure.
Now for some positive news, I succeeded on at least one of my weekly goals. I got the courage to share my essential oils with some people. I was surprised at the interest some people have shown! I am so happy I was able to gather the courage.
Here is what I am going to focus on the rest of the week:
- Keep sharing my essential oils with people
- Positive thinking because that is what I need in order to remain confident in my success.
- I will move more, even if it is just pacing the hallway.
- I will make better choices about food.
- I am going to start incorporating lavender essential oil in my morning routine. Right now I have always used it at bedtime but I will now use it in the morning too. I am hoping it will help with the anxiety attacks.
Although I failed at being healthy so far this week, I have succeeded at being a more confident person and have conquered fear of rejection.
How are your weekly goals going?