I am pretty darn proud of myself for my determination this week. I made goals and have stuck with them so far. What is that drink I have pictured? (I am just assuming that is what you are asking). That my friends is the new shake mixes that arrived in the mail. I mixed them with almond milk, peanut butter and a banana. Super yummy. This was my first time trying the diet shake mixes from the essential oil company I am an advocate for and I was pleasantly surprised. I am sure you are wondering how this plays into my determination for this week. Well I will explain. I made goals for this week and a big focus of those goals was to make healthier choices. It is Friday and I have stayed strong so far. I have been walking more, although I am still limited due to still recovering from spinal surgery. I had someone drive me to the grocery store and stocked up the kitchen with healthy food. I even weighed myself this week and was shocked when it showed I lost weight since my surgery 2 months ago! Granted most of it is probably muscle loss. I thought I had gained at least 15 pounds but am relieved that I haven’t. I plan to continue this willpower and determination through the weekend. As for the other goals I had set, I will update you on those in my next post. What are your goals for the weekend? Did you accomplish your goals this week?
*if you are interested in purchasing this shake mix at wholesale prices you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. I also have essential oils samples still available for anyone interested in trying the oils first.
There has been so much controversy regarding MLM essential oil companies and safe usage. I will state that I am an advocate for one of those essential oil companies! At one time I thought companies like this were a scam but then a friend introduced me to the oils and the company. I fell in love! I love that I not only get to share my love of these oils but I can earn free products and commission. I have one major rule that I follow and that is to make sure everyone I hand samples to or that purchases from me, knows how to use these oils safely. I honestly believe that anyone selling or sharing essential oils need to do this. People have a tendency to think because it is all natural that it can not be dangerous. This is completely false! Several plants make up one drop of essential oils!
Here are some tips to follow:
- If you have an allergy to a plant there is a good chance you will be allergic to the oil!
- Fragrance oil and essential oil are not the same thing. Plus, it is important to read the bottles of essential oil to make sure there is no synthetic ingredients.
- Conduct a patch test. combine essential oil with a carrier oil and place a little on a small patch of skin. If you start having itching, burning or any other signs of reaction do not continue using that oil. This is for oils that you have never used before or if you purchase a brand you are not normally used to.
- Test the oils quality. You can do this by placing a single drop on a piece of paper and it should evaporate within an hour with no ring left behind. There are some oils this will not work for, such as Myrrh, Patchouli, Jasmine, rose, and vanilla.
- Research new oils. I personally, recommend a person research all new oils before using them. Purchase books that you can use for reference anytime a question arises. I have three essential oil reference books that I use often. If you are interested in the books I recommend feel free to ask or email me at email@example.com.
- Avoid certain oils if pregnant! Some oils can cause bleeding and miscarriage. There are many oils that are safe to use but it is very important to research each oil to make sure it is not one dangerous for pregnant women.
- Keep essential oils out of reach of children! It is important to treat essential oils as you would medication. Would you leave a bottle of pills laying out where your child could get into them? Just because it is natural does not mean it has no potential for harm.
- Use half strength with children under 12 and elderly
- Dilute with a carrier oil. There are some oils that say can be applied neatly, meaning with no carrier oil. It is up to you if you want to take that risk. I personally believe diluting is safer and less chance to have a painful mishap.
Essential oils can be use aromatically, topically, and internally. Research each oil that is new to you in order to find out how to use it. Not all oils can be used aromatically. Some oils are considered hot oils and will burn your skin if not diluted. Now for the highly controversial issue of taking essential oils internally. The company I am an advocate for has it stated on each bottle which route it can be used and if it is safe to use internally. I personally am not a huge one to use essential oils internally but if you do I would advise putting the oils in a veggie capsule or diluting the oil first.
I hope I have not scared you away because essential oils really are amazing. I was actually a skeptic and now I use them daily! I wrote this post because I feel it is important to make sure people use essential oils safely. When you take an over the counter medication you read the directions first, right? Same should go for essential oils. Essential oils have changed my life and can be used for many things. When I first started hearing about essential oils, I did not realize they can be used to make cleaning supplies or beauty products. I have started replacing all the chemicals in my house with all natural products! If you are interested in learning more about the wonderful essential oil company that I am an advocate for, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember if you become an advocate you can purchase the products at wholesale cost and earn free products.
Sitting here reflecting on my success and failures this last week. I failed on the eating healthy. I tend to use food as comfort although that is just another excuse. I need to take responsibility for my actions. I did well on my walking and progressing more in my recovery. I also did well on my goal of sharing my essential oils with others. So, even though I failed at one goal I did not completely fail and guess what…..A new week with a chance to do better. Here are the goals for this week:
- Wake up each day and make a list of things I am grateful for
- Mail out samples of oils (if you would like to try essential oils email me at email@example.com and I will mail you some)
- Share my love for essential oils each day
- Register for the weight loss challenge that my essential oil company is having (if you are interested in this please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Walk everyday
- No fast food or sweets this week
Excited to start this week with a fresh, clean slate! What are your goals this week? Did you achieve everything you wanted to last week?
About three months ago, I attended an essential oil class that a friend of mine was hosting. I went there telling myself that essential oils are not worth the money and that I was attending just to have fun. I have to say that until that day I never really knew what essential oils were. After, learning about all of them and asking questions, I really started thinking about starting to use them. I thought to myself, what problems/issues do I have that essential oils would be beneficial to me and here was my list:
- Chronic pain
- Daughter with ADHD
- Low immune system
I decided right then that I would give it a whirl. I decided if I was going to do it that I would purchase the enrollment kit. I figured if I was going to do this I would become an advocate because I would then receive products at wholesale price. I never intended to use them as much as I do or that I would decide to actually start sharing my love of essential oils. Not long after enrolling, I underwent major spinal surgery and have been off work recovering since. Recovering from surgery has allowed me to research and learn how to safely use essential oils. I have become obsessed with them. I started sharing my excitement with essential oils with family, friends, and even strangers. I was shocked to realize that you really can earn free products and make money being an essential oil advocate! I now spend free time researching oils, making things with my oils, and sharing my oils with others. If you would like to learn more about essential oils, try a free sample, or join my team you can email me at email@example.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to prevent, diagnose, or cure any disease.
This week has been made up of some success and some failure. I have failed at eating as healthy as I had planned. It is no ones fault but my own. I tend to be an emotional eater and this week has been an emotional roller coaster. I have been going between depression and panic attacks due to the pain from my surgery. For some reason when I am depressed I give up on taking care of myself. For example, instead of eating an orange I ate a bowl of ice cream.
I miss the days I was able to run because I could treat myself to an ice cream and not hate myself after. I am hoping by spring I will be well enough to start running again. When I was running races I felt so good about myself. Not saying I don’t feel good about myself now but I miss the feeling I had after running my first half marathon. I am looking forward to the day I can feel that way again.
I also have not walked as much as I should have this week. I have to rely on someone to drive me somewhere to walk because of all the ice in my neighborhood. But honestly I blame myself because I could have just walked in place or up and down the hallway. Another failure with my weekly goals but on the positive side, I did walk today and if I continue the rest of the week, it will not be a total failure.
Now for some positive news, I succeeded on at least one of my weekly goals. I got the courage to share my essential oils with some people. I was surprised at the interest some people have shown! I am so happy I was able to gather the courage.
Here is what I am going to focus on the rest of the week:
- Keep sharing my essential oils with people
- Positive thinking because that is what I need in order to remain confident in my success.
- I will move more, even if it is just pacing the hallway.
- I will make better choices about food.
- I am going to start incorporating lavender essential oil in my morning routine. Right now I have always used it at bedtime but I will now use it in the morning too. I am hoping it will help with the anxiety attacks.
Although I failed at being healthy so far this week, I have succeeded at being a more confident person and have conquered fear of rejection.
How are your weekly goals going?
I will admit that I once thought that essential oils were a fad and that they would not work for me. The week before my spinal surgery I met with my friend, who is an advocate for essential oils. After talking with her, I decided to purchase a start up kit. I did not think I would like them as much as I do and I had no desire to become an independent wellness advocate. A couple weeks after my surgery I bought a diffuser and started researching essential oils. After researching online and books that I purchased, I felt confident to safely use the oils. My friend who sold them to me had also worked with me on how to use them safely but I had become obsessed with learning everything.
Guess what? I went from skeptic to someone who uses essential oils daily! I can not put into words how much I love them. I actually have been so excited to share these wonderful oils with my family and friends! Who would have thought I would believe in the powers of essential oils?
I actually have been doing something I never thought I would do……sharing essential oils with everyone! I am outgoing but hate speaking to groups of people and I shocked myself when I decide I want to start having classes! Problem is I am still recovering from surgery and the recovery is harder than I thought it would be. So, actually running a class at the moment will probably not be happening but I am still proud of myself that I have the confidence to even share how much I love these essential oils with others. One perk of sharing these oils is that I also get free products, products at wholesale, etc. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more about these oils and how you can receive these oils at wholesale prices.
Super excited to start reading this book. I have only read the first 2 chapters but think it is really going to help me. In November I signed up to become a wellness advocate for an essential oil business. I did not start sharing the oils until I started using them for myself. I immediately became addicted to them. Since them I have been trying to replace all toxic things in my life with essential oils. I love how essential oils has changed my life and want to share them with others. Problem is I have always been afraid of “selling”. I found this book and I love it. I recommend it to anyone in sales or MLM business.
I also received the oil samples and am excited to share them with people I know would benefit from them. If you are interested in trying essential oils, email me at email@example.com. I am excited to achieve my goals that I set for this week!